"Brown sugar baby, dark eyes spark bright with glee...Pie of my eye, stay right here with me." This lyrical first book in the Brown Sugar Baby series is a celebration of the powerful love and protective, comforting instincts of a mother for her child. Its soothing rhythm and tender rhymes are highlighted by whimsical and charming illustrations that are perfect for story time.
- Relatable, lyrical story for parents and their little girls and boys to read together time and time again
- Beautiful illustrations, featuring African American family, will keep kids engaged throughout the story
- Sturdy board book pages are easy to grasp, great for children practicing fine motor skills
- Poetic rhythm and rhymes encourage language patterns and development amongst toddlers
- Perfect for baby showers, birthday gifts, Mother's Day, and more!
At Cottage Door Press, we believe in creating stories that reflect the boundless possibilities of all children. We hope to create books that inspire little ones to connect, encourage them to dream, give them cause to celebrate, and allow them to see themselves beautiful reflected in the stories they read.
"The conversational tone of the text echoes of traditional African American poetry in the style of Paul Laurence Dunbar. Well suited for cozy lap readings, this board book will be a welcome addition to many families’ shelves in the early days of child rearing." - Kirkus Reviews