Let's learn about firefighters with PBS KIDS® friends Dot, Dee, and Del! Introduce your toddler to these everyday heroes who work hard to keep us safe. What kind of person makes a good firefighter? What kind of tools do they use? Why do fire engines have loud sirens and flashing lights? Learn about the life of firefighters and how they help our communities! Plus, bring the story to life with the free Novel Effect app to add sound effects to this learning adventure. Just download the app to your phone and read the story aloud and trigger sound effects at just the right moment, only using the sound of your voice. It is sure to be a hit with every curious little learner!
- Parents rank PBS KIDS #1 in preparing children for school, developing the skills kids need to succeed, and modeling positive behavior (Maru/Matchbox 2016)
- Come explore this story with the Novel Effect app for extra audio surprises!
- Learn about what firefighters wear, what they do when there isn't an emergency, and even whether fire stations still have dalmatians
- Surprise and delight your little one with bright illustrations, photography, and special fun facts on every page
- Look for more PBS KIDS titles available from Cottage Door Press. From bugs to airports, to professions such as firefighters and veterinarians, our comprehensive series gives children the opportunity to explore new ideas and worlds around them
PBS KIDS, the number one educational media brand for kids, offers children ages 2-8 the opportunity to explore new ideas and new worlds through television, digital media and community-based programs. PBS KIDS and local stations across the country support the entire ecosystem in which children learn, including their teachers, parents and community.
PBS KIDS® and the PBS KIDS logo are registered trademarks of Public Broadcasting Service. Used with permission. ©2020 PBS. All rights reserved.