Cottage Door Press is a young, dynamic, and award-winning children’s publisher located in Rolling Meadows, IL. Our focus is on bringing high-quality, educational and engaging content to the littlest readers, while motivating parents and caregivers to read aloud from birth in support of our “reading is learning” philosophy. Our fast-growing company is seeking a PD/Prepress Coordinator to join our creative, entrepreneurial team.
The PD/Prepress Coordinator will serve a very important role in the product development, production, and delivery cycle. The position reports to the Director of Purchasing.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate file and approval needs for the scheduled production to ensure the print run is accurate and on time
- Coordinate prepress/production files
- Coordinate proofs with printers
- Manage approvals and feedback to printers on advances
- Proofread/backup author for title-specific product specs
- Coordinate PD request and quotation requests for a certain category of products Manage PD, file, and advance archiving
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications:
- Previous working experience in Prepress for 3-5 years, proficient in Adobe CS Previous project management experience
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Attention to details
- Superb communication skills Proactive in problem solving