Cottage Door Press is a young, dynamic, and award-winning children’s publisher located in Rolling Meadows, IL. Our focus is on bringing high-quality, educational and engaging content to the littlest readers, while motivating parents and caregivers to read aloud from birth in support of our “reading is learning” philosophy. Our fast-growing company is seeking a Demand Planner to join our collaborative and entrepreneurial team.
The Demand Planner is responsible for maintaining inventory levels that support Cottage Door Press business objectives. This position will be responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of the updates to the forecast with a focus on the Amazon business which will generate inventory demand for procurement of purchased products and assembly of finished goods.
Scope of Responsibilities:
The responsibilities for the role are as follows, but not limited to:
- Preparation of the Amazon forecast and review of supply chain needs. This requires the ability to gather, analyze, and present data with recommendations for improving Amazon’s forecasting process, available inventory, and reporting on performance metrics.
- Investigate and validate weekly Amazon POS data, adjusting forecast as necessary to avoid inventory over- and under-stock.
- Review monthly forecast errors and work with Sales to update models as needed.
- Interface with Purchasing, Product Development and Sales to on-board new product and play an active role in planning sessions to regularly monitor the supply pipeline.
- Responsible for assisting Operations and Purchasing with the accuracy of item data and parameters driving the MRP processes.
- Assist with the development and execution of inventory strategies and plans to ensure uninterrupted support of corporate sales plans and Key Results metrics.
- Collaborate with Sales and Purchasing to align forecasts and identify and communicate supply chain impact.
- Coordinating the planning for discontinued/overstock product to minimize inventory/markdowns.
- Other duties for this role will be assigned as necessary/appropriate.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years’ experience in Supply Chain, Operations, Inventory Management, Demand Planning or related field
- Advanced proficiency in MS Access (or similar database programs) and MS Excel is required. SQL preferred
- Proficiency and minimum 2+ years of experience with MRP and ERP Inventory systems
- Analytical ability to interpret and compile data from multiple sources
- Must understand forecasting or demand planning with a rolling forecast
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills with a history of effectively conveying messages; communication ability and interpersonal skills are critical
- Able to use an appropriate mix of data, intuition, and experience to make decisions and solve problems
- Critical thinking skills
- Must have a collaborative spirit